Our guarantees, warranties and policies
Your new bicycle purchase includes
- A bicycle that has been assembled, tested and tuned by a professional bike mechanic
- A basic bike fitting to ensure you are comfortably positioned on the bike
- Free installation of any accessories you purchase at the same time as the bike
- Complete warranty adjustmentwithin two months of purchase:
Every bike includes a free complete warranty adjustment that must be done between 30 and 60 days after purchase, with receipt, to keep the bike in good adjustment.
- Free service for up to one year after purchase:
We will adjust brakes, gears, and bearings (hubs, bottom bracket, pedals, headset) for up to one year from dates of purchase. perform free minor adjustments, repairs and maintenance (including adjusting brakes, gears, and bearings; applying lubrication, inflating tires) for one year from date of purchase to keep your bike working great.
- Manufacturer's warranty which we help you with if you ever need it:
We guarantee any part on the bike that we examine and find to be defective in workmanship or materials within one year of purchase. Specifically, we will repair/replace (at our discretion) those defective parts with no labour charge within one year of date of purchase, with receipt.
- An owner's manual, cycling map, and jargon-free advice and information
- A warm, fuzzy feeling from supporting a local business that supports local cycling
New bike warranty
One Year Free Service:
We will adjust brakes, gears, hubs, bottom bracket, pedals, and headset for up to one year from dates of purchase.
We guarantee any part on the bike that we examine and find to be defective in workmanship or materials within one year of purchase. Specifically, we will repair/replace (at our discretion) those defective parts with no labour charge within one year of date of purchase, with receipt. The small print.
The small print:
The warranty does not apply if the bicycle has been subject to accident, abuse, damage, neglect, major owner modifications, and/or commercial or competitive use.
The warranty does not apply to normal wear on parts such as brake pads, tires, tubes, chains, cables or grease.
Parts needing replacement or adjustment due to normal wear-and-tear, abuse, neglect may be done at standard labour cost.
Failure to bring the bike in for its 60-day Complete Tune-up may void this warranty.
We will accept returns of regular-priced items for full exchange, credit or refund:
- with original receipt
- in new condition, with packaging
- within 7 days (Christmas season: up to January 15 of the next calendar year)
- clearance and sale items are exchange only, no refund
- bicycles may be subject to restocking charge and/or labour charge
Details on return receipts, conditions, and payments
1. The original receipt must accompany the return
2. For a full refund, returned items must be in “as new” condition, with original packaging (unless it is a warranty return). If the item is marked, used, or otherwise deemed not “as new” condition:
- a manager needs to review and authorize the return and/or
- the return amount may be reduced by 25% for wear and restocking
- the return amount may be reduced by 15% if packaging is missing, but the item is “as new”
3. Bicycle returns are on a case-by-case basis, and at the discretion of the manager:
- bicycle should be as close to “as new” condition as possible
- the return amount will be reduced by a minimum of 15% (for wear, and restocking)
4. The return will be paid in the same method as the original purchase:
- If you paid by debit card or credit card, you need to bring those cards with you so they can be credited
- If you paid by cash, you will be paid in cash if cash is avail or else you may be issued a cheque
5. Items that were purchased at sale, reduced or clearance pricing can be exchanged only, no refund
Bike saddle comfort guarantee
Try it, exchange it, try it
Feel free to try out the saddle on your bike and determine if it really is comfortable for you. Try any saddle for a week and if it doesn’t feel right, swap it with another. If you’re still not enjoying the seat, return it and get your money back. Take your new seat for a few rides in order to assure yourself it works well for you. You'll only know by riding it.
HUB Your Cycling Connection
Show your membership card with HUB for discounts off parts and accessories:
- 15% off your first purchase of regularly-priced parts and accessories (staff will mark your card)
- 10% off every subsequent purchase of regularly-priced parts and accessories
- one time 5% discount on bicycles at regular price (staff will mark your card)
Sorry, no discounts on sale-priced items. No discounts on trailers and service. Cannot be combined with other offers unless specified in that offer. Contact us for more details.
Vancouver Coastal Health
Bring proof of employment with Vancouver Coastal Health (VGH region) for discounts off parts and accessories:
- 10% off any regularly-priced parts and accessories
Offer applies to staff and employees of VGH who work in the Vancouver General Hospital near Cambie and Broadway only. Sorry, no discounts on sale-priced items. No discounts on bikes, trailers and service. Cannot be combined with other offers unless specified in that offer. Contact us for more details.