Thursday, 07 April 2011 15:49
- I choose to cycle chic and, at every opportunity, I will choose Style over Speed.
- I embrace my responsibility to contribute visually to a more aesthetically-pleasing urban landscape.
- I am aware that my mere presence in said urban landscape will inspire others, without me being labelled a 'bicycle activist'.
- I will ride with grace, elegance and dignity.
- I will choose a bicycle that reflects my personality and style.
- I will, however, regard my bicycle as transport and as a mere supplement to my own personal style--allowing my bike to upstage me is unacceptable.
- I will endeavour to ensure that the total value of my clothes always exceeds that of my bicycle.
- I will accessorize in accordance with the standards of a bicycle culture and acquire, where possible, a chain-guard, kick-stand, skirt guard, fenders, bell and basket.
- I will respect the traffic laws.
- I will refrain from wearing and owning any form of 'cycle wear'. The only exception being a bicycle helmet if I choose to exercise my freedom of personal choice and wear one (and I will make an effort to understand the science of helmets)
Cycle Chic links:-